We here at Shelby Dillon Studio are huge Bloody Mary fans, especially for a nice delicious Sunday Brunch and paired with a Mimosa :) . In a nod to our many years spent living abroad in Southeast Asia, where spice is a way of life, here is our recipe for the 'Tokyo Mary' a spicier variant on a traditional Bloody Mary
Ingredients for Tokyo Mary -
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- Lime Wedge
- Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon wasabi (horseradish can work as well)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 dashes soy sauce
- 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of freshly cracked pepper (our favorite is from Phu Quoc)
- 2 oz pepper flavored vodka
- 3 oz chilled tomato juice
- 1 Tabasco bean
- 1 Dill Pickle Spear
- 3 Blue Cheese stuffed Olives
Preparing Tokyo Mary-
- Rub rim of highball glass with lime wedge. coat rim of glass in seasoned salt.
- Combine ginger, wasabi, garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice, and pepper in bottom of glass.
- Fill with ice.
- Add vodka.
- Add tomato juice.
- Squeeze remaining lime juice over top of drink.
- Add Tabasco bean, pickle spear, and olives to garnish.
Have a fantastic weekend and don't forget to live life in full color!