Congratulations! You made it to another edition of Fri-Yay!
This week we are going to go for a tried and true gin drink made famous by Ernest Hemmingway - Death in the Gulf Stream.
According to Hemmingway this drink is "tart and bitter - Reviving and refreshing"
This is a great drink to either get the night started or help erase the hangover from the night before (if you have a busy day of decorating in front of you).
Ingredients for Death in the Gulf Stream -
- 2 oz of Gin (Hendricks or Monkey 47 are our favorites)
- 1 1/2 oz of fresh lime juice (squeeze the lime!)
- pinch of superfine sugar
- 3-4 splashes of angostura bitters
- Lime peel spiral
Preparing Death in the Gulf Stream -
- Fill your highball glass with ice.
- Pour the gin and lime juice over the ice
- Add Sugar and bitters.
- Twist lime peel over drink.
- Add one of our wooden Tropical Bird Swizzle Sticks.
- Garnish and Serve.
Have 2 or 3 and let us know what you think in the comments!
Have an outstanding weekend and remember to live life in full color!